Ingredients for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium acorn squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 32 ounces chicken broth (veggie broth works great if you prefer vegetarian)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sour cream
- Heat oil in large pot.
- Saute onion, celery, carrot, potatoes and squash about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 40 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return to pot and heat through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a spoonful of sour cream and croutons or crusty bread.