I'm a big fan of the South Beach diet, not so much for its weight loss factor, although it does work. But I really like their recipes, diet or not. Simple to make, few ingredients, and really very tasty! I've made their Shrimp and Celery Salad which quickly became one of my husband's favorite light dishes. Now I typically do not follow a recipe exactly. I like to change things up and try different variations. This recipe for Curried Shrimp Salad came from a combination of the South Beach recipe and another I found on Eating Well.
So here's to your health and a light summer meal:
Curried Shrimp Salad - 4 servings
|Photo taken from EatingWell.com|
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (preferable light mayo)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds peeled, deveined, and cooked medium fresh or frozen shrimp (thawed if frozen)
- 4 large celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes
1. Cut tomatoes in half and scoop out juice and seeds.
2. Whisk together sour cream, mayo, lime juice, curry powder, and salt in large bowl.
3. Add shrimp, celery, and cucumber. Toss gently to coat.
4. Fill each tomato half with shrimp salad mixture and serve. (Extra salad can be spread on plate outside of tomato as it is delicious on its own)
Enjoy and have a happy day!
Sounds delicious! I want some now :)ReplyDelete