Now on to the best Fresh Corn Salad I've ever had:
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup sugar (I prefer less sweet, so I adjusted to 1/8-1/4)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion (cut to same size as the clusters of corn kernels), soaked in ice water for 20 minutes and patted dry
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeded, not peeled if unwaxed, then diced to same size of onions
- 1/2 cup red or orange sweet pepper, diced to same size as onions
- 1/2 cup cherry or pear tomatoes, halved or quartered
- (I did heaping 1/2 cups of all three of these vegetables, so be generous)
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely torn
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves or buds, pulled apart
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeno, seeds and veins removed, very finely diced* (I skipped the jalapeno as my husband is not a fan)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 - 2 cups small arugula leaves
- (While skipping the jalapeno for Ken, he would have me add cilantro, which works well in this salad, so feel free if you're a fan of cilantro)
1. For dressing, in a glass bowl whisk together vinegar, sugar, the 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and black pepper until sugar is dissolved. Let dressing stand while preparing salad.
2. For salad, cut corn kernels from cobs. In a large bowl toss corn and remaining ingredients except sea salt and arugula leaves.
3. To serve, transfer salad to large serving bowl. Season with the 1/2 tsp. sea salt. Add the dressing; gently thread in arugula leaves. Serve immediately. (Cucumbers and tomatoes will begin to break down.) Makes 8 servings
This salad should be repeated throughout the summer!
|Photo taken from BHG.com|
Enjoy and have a happy day!
Post a Comment
Feel free to chime in. We love comments!