Until then, here are some fun facts about our lovable furry friends:
- A cat can travel at a top speed of approximately 31 mph over a short distance.
- A cat can jump up to five times its own height in a single bound.
- Cats can make over 100 vocal sounds, while dogs can only make 10.
- When cats are happy or pleased, they squeeze their eyes shut.
- 21% of dogs and 7% of cats snore.
- The largest breed of dog is the Irish Wolfhound. The world's smallest dog breed is the Chihuahua.
- The St. Bernard is the heaviest dog breed.
- There are over 700 breeds of purebred dogs.
- President Lyndon Johnson had two Beagles named Him and Her.
- Three dogs survived the sinking of the Titanic - a Newfoundland, a Pomeranian, and a Pekingese.
- Boxers were named after their habit of playing. At the beginning of play with another dog, a Boxer will stand on his hind legs and "box" at his opponent.
Have a happy day!
(fun facts courtesy of dailyrandomfacts.com and weirdfacts.com)