Curried Pumpkin Soup - 8 servings
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, shelled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 29 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Toast pumpkin seeds in single layer on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, until just browned.
2. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in flour and curry powder until smooth.
3. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to bubble. Gradually whisk in broth, and cook until thickened.
4. Stir in pumpkin and half-and-half. Season with soy sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring just to a boil, then remove from heat.
5. Serve in individual bowls, topped with toasted pumpkin seeds.
|Photo courtesy of allrecipes.com|