- Bring treats to work - For those you work with who provide endless support and an ear when you need it, bring in some cupcakes, cookies, or other office favorites and let them know you appreciate them.
- Have a conversation - In this day of texting and social media posting, pick up the phone and call a friend or family member to let them know you appreciate them.
- Fresh cut flowers - It can be a single flower or a bouquet, but choose a favorite flower for a friend or relative and surprise them with a big thank you!
- Send an e-card - Free e-cards are easy to find online. Send a "thank you" or "thinking of you" card to a special someone in your life.
- Be spontaneous - Invite a friend or loved one out for lunch or dinner last minute and insist on buying. Let them know you just want to say thanks for being you!
Friday, September 20, 2013
5 Ways to Celebrate World Gratitude Day
Saturday is World Gratitude Day, and although it is not a traditional gift-giving holiday, I love the idea of taking a day to be grateful and showing your gratitude to those around you. Whether you do it through words or actions, don't let the day go by without giving thanks. Here are 5 simple ways to show gratitude on this special day: