Chocolate Cherry Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup each: granulated sugar, packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup extra-crunchy natural peanut butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup salted, toasted pumpkin seeds, roasted hulled sunflower seeds or roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (chopped if large), dried currants or small dark raisins
- 8 ounces milk or semisweet chocolate bars, roughly broken into 1/4 inch pieces
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together butter and sugars in large bowl of electric mixer. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth and creamy. Beat in baking soda and vanilla. Beat in peanut butter until incorporated. Use a wooden spoon to stir in oats, pumpkin seeds, cherries and chocolate pieces.
2. Use a teaspoon to make balls about 1 inch in diameter. Place on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets spacing them about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with a spoon. Bake until set and bottoms are slightly golden, about 12 minutes.
3. Cool cookies on pan, 5 minutes. Transfer with a metal spatula to a wire rack to cool completely.