After Labor Day and all those summer BBQs, I decided it was time to go on a diet. Just to lose enough weight so I don't feel too much holiday weight gain starting in November. I'm really not a yo-yo dieter, but I do enjoy good food and need to balance that with maintaining a healthy weight. This shrimp stir-fry is a great dinner to satisfy my happy taste buds and keep my diet in check.
The Best Shrimp Stir-fry
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup carrots, cut julienne style
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts or cashews (I actually used both)
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups medium shrimp with tails removed
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok.
- Saute green beans and carrots in oil 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, orange juice and shrimp and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add green onions and nuts, stir and heat through until shrimp is fully cooked, 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over rice.