|Photo taken from epicurious.com|
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, diced (about 2-1/3 cups)
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 8 unpeeled acorn squash rings, seeded and sliced about 1 inch thick (should be about 2 medium sized acorn squash
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until tender.
- Add 1 tablespoon curry powder, stir 1 minute.
- Add apples, apple juice, and raisins. Saute until liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Above filling can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt 5 tablespoons butter in small skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon curry powder, stir about 1 minute. Transfer curry butter to bowl.
- Brush 2 large rimmed baking sheets with some curry butter.
- Arrange squash in single layer on sheets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Scoop filling into center of rings. Drizzle remaining curry butter over squash and filling.
- Cover with foil. Bake until squash is tender when pierced with fork, about 40 minutes.
- Use spatula to transfer squash rings with filling to plates.
Have a happy day!