|Photo taken from epicurious.com|
Makes 18 servings.
- 6 pounds large yams (red-skinned sweet potatoes)
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 9 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 9 large oranges
- Additional marshmallow creme
- 36 pecan halves
- Pierce each yam all over with fork.
- Working in 2 batches, cook yams in microwave 15 minutes. Turn yams over; cook until tender, about 12 minutes longer. Cut yams in half; scoop pulp into bowl. (I actually don't microwave to pre-cook the potatoes. I boil them until they are good and soft - about 45 minutes. I then peel them and slice them into a bowl.)
- Add 3/4 cup marshmallow creme, butter, and syrup; mash until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk in eggs.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut thin slice from top and bottom of each orange to make flat surfaces.
- Cut oranges in half. Scoop out pulp; reserve for another use.
- Place orange cups on 2 baking sheets.
- Divide yam mixture equally among cups. Top each with dollop of marshmallow creme and 2 pecan halves.
- Bake until beginning to brown, about 30 minutes.