Today is World Kindness Day, and no matter your age, location, or occupation, there's something you can do today to spread a little kindness. You very well might be doing some of these every day, and if so, I commend you. World Kindness Day is intended to raise awareness of how small acts of kindness can make a huge difference and to encourage practicing small acts of kindness.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- As you go about your day, make it a point to share a smile and a greeting with strangers you encounter - at the office, grocery store, or gas station. Just a little smile will make a big difference to someone who might be having a bad day.
- Bring a little treat to share at your work place.
- Make a donation today to your favorite charity.
- Leave prime parking space for others today.
- Bring a neighbor a small treat or flowers and wish them a happy day.
- Stop inside a nearby church and say a special prayer for kindness and peace around the world.
- Sign up for a volunteer project today.
- If you're out shopping, ask the cashier how their day is going. Tell them today is World Kindness Day and pay it forward.
- Clean out a closet and donate some things you no longer need.
- Practice patience on the road. Yield and take it slowly.
Have a happy day!